This is a building in Emirgan which derives its name from the Iranian Emir Han. He had been a close friend of Sultan Murat IV. This is the oldest water mansion on the European coast. It was built by Yusuf Pasa in 1780. Its name is related to Serif Abdullah Pasa, who had been governing the Ottoman region including Jordan, Syria and Iraq. He took over the possession of the house in 1948. During the final restoration of this building, now owned by the Ministry of Culture, fabulous frescoes have been revealed.
Across the water from the Sa'dullah Pasha Yali, on the European shore at Emirgan, stands the smaller Sherifler Yali. In this full-blown example of Turkish baroque-rococo melange, an 18th-century remodeling of a more traditional yali resulted in an astonishing candy-box interior.
Although the floor plan is still based on earlier conventions, the ceiling of the central hall received an elaborate decoration primarily in red and yellow. Each window was crested with rococo scallops, and small wall paintings depict Ottoman kiosks beside deserted pools. Painted brackets and clusters of fruit- like carvings reinforce the sense of extravagance.