It's located in Galatasaray neighborhood of Beyoglu district, in one of the side streets. The hammam was built in 1715 as a public bath in a classical Turkish Bath architectural design. It was renovated in 1965 loosing some of its historical elements. A small women's section was added during this extensive renovation. Being close to the historic Pera neighborhood and Taksim Square, the Hammam attracts many people, both local and tourists.