It was also called Crimean church. It was built in Beyoglu - Taksim district, on the land donated by Sultan Abdulmecit, between 1858-68 by the British architect G.E. Street in memory of British soldiers who had participated in the Crimean War. All stones used in construction were brought from Malta. Closed in 1978 due to the lack of a congregation, but was re-opened in 1991. It is in Neo-Gothic architecture.